La mostra presenta 28 artisti di 12 diversi paesi e 5 continenti uniti in una combinazione straordinaria, artisti affermati affiancati da artisti la cui opera è meno conosciuta. Enunciando con forza il proprio credo, ogni artista espone nuove opere d’arte in un suo spazio esclusivo, site specific, o lavori nuovi provenienti direttamente dal suo studio.
- Luogo: PALAZZO BEMBO
- Indirizzo: Riva del Carbon 4793 - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 30/05/2011 - al 24/11/2011
- Vernissage: 30/05/2011 ore 18-22 anche del 31 maggio
- Autori: Lawrence Weiner, Marina Abramovic, Roman Opalka, Lee Ufan, Carl Andre, Herman de Vries, Toshikatsu Endo, Johannes Girardoni, Peter Halley, Joseph Kosuth, Melissa Kretschmer, Ma Jun, Tony Matelli, Judy Millar, Tatsuo Miyajima, Francois Morellet, Hermann Nitsch, Thomas Pihl, Miriam Prantl, Andrew Putter, Arnulf Rainer, Rene Rietmeyer, Yuko Sakurai, Sasaki, Seo, Maik Wolf, Xing Xin, Zou Cao
- Curatori: Karlyn De Jongh, Sarah Gold
- Generi: arte contemporanea, collettiva
- Sito web: http://www.venice-exhibitions.org
- Email: email@example.com
THE EXHIBITION "PERSONAL STRUCTURES"
As part of La Biennale di Venezia 2011, "Personal Structures" presents 28 artists from 5 continents, representing 12 countries, brought together in an extraordinary combination. Established artists next to artists whose oeuvre is less known. What they have in common is a dedication to the concepts Time - Space and Existence.
Each artist presents recent artworks, either site-specific, especially made for this exhibition, or coming directly from the artist's studio. Their strong statements give each of the 24 rooms in Palazzo Bembo a very specific atmosphere
Since the participating artists have their origin in diverse cultures and are of very different age, Time - Space and Existence are highlighted from unusual points of view. PERSONAL STRUCTURES therefore will stimulate a more conscious relation from the spectator towards his daily surrounding and help to enlarge the spectator's awareness for his/her own personal Existence as a human being within a specific Space and Time.
The exhibition PERSONAL STRUCTURES is part of an international art project. It was initiated in 2002 by the Dutch artist Rene Rietmeyer, who noticed that even in the most distant corners of the world, there are artists working with Time - Space and Existence, thereby expressing themselves in a very personal way. This observation led to the idea of bringing several of these artists together in publications, exhibitions and symposia.
The invited artists for 2011 are:
Marina Abramovic (RS), Carl Andre (US), Herman de Vries (NL), Toshikatsu Endo (JP), Johannes Girardoni (US), Peter Halley (US), Joseph Kosuth (US), Melissa Kretschmer (US), Lee Ufan (KR), Ma Jun (CN), Tony Matelli (US), Judy Millar (NZ), Tatsuo Miyajima (JP), Francois Morellet (FR), Hermann Nitsch (AT), Roman Opalka (FR), Thomas Pihl (NO), Miriam Prantl (AT), Andrew Putter (ZA), Arnulf Rainer (AT), Rene Rietmeyer (NL), Yuko Sakurai (JP), Sasaki (JP), SEO (KR), Lawrence Weiner (US), Maik Wolf (DE), Xing Xin (CN), Zou Cao (CN)