Il progetto Rebuilding Utopia rappresenta il Padiglione di Emergency alla Biennale di Venezia.
- Luogo: TEATRO FONDAMENTA NUOVE
- Indirizzo: Cannaregio 5013 venezia - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 30/05/2013 - al 10/11/2013
- Vernissage: 30/05/2013 ore 10-13
- Autori: Teresa Margolles, Emily Jacir, Cinthia Marcelle, Wilfredo Prieto, Jota Castro, Santiago Sierra, Ella de Burca, Patrick Hamilton, Jorge Tacla
- Curatori: Jota Castro
- Generi: arte contemporanea, collettiva
- Orari: Tuesday–Sunday 2–6pm
- Biglietti: ingresso libero
- Sito web: http://www.emergencypavilion.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Patrocini: Supported by: MAC (Museo de Arte Contemporaneo, Santiago de Chile) Fundacion CorpArtes Corpbanca Creative Holding Emergency Foundation
40 years have gone by without us realizing it.
This exhibition will be a game, what happened during the last forty years?
What worked, what didn't, what appeared and what disappeared?
When did the world begin to change? Was it 1973 or 1989?
When did "imagination in power" die, was it in '68 or 2012?
Or was it on the first of January 2013?
If a ghost were to walk through the exhibition, it would take the form of a random corpse
The title of the exhibition is Rebuilding Utopia with concepts acting as unifying threads that run through the curatorial proposition. The idea of utopia is about different ways of thinking about a better world, and how art can contribute to imagining such worlds.