Jordi Colomer rappresenta la Spagna alla 57. Biennale di Venezia.
- Luogo: GIARDINI DI CASTELLO - PADIGLIONE SPAGNOLO
- Indirizzo: Castello - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 10/05/2017 - al 26/11/2017
- Vernissage: 10/05/2017 ore 13.30
- Autori: Jordi Colomer
- Curatori: Manuel Segade
- Generi: arte contemporanea
- Orari: Destination: Venice Where: Giardini Type: Opening Admission: By Invitation Only 10/05/2017 1:30 pm Official opening Destination: Venice Where: Giardini Type: Press Conference Admission: By Invitation Only 12/05/2017 4:30 pm Press conference and Opening
Artist Jordi Colomer reprents Spain at the 57th Venice Biennale. Curatorial duties are taken by Manuel Segade, director of the Center for Dos de Mayo Art Madrid.
The exhibition ¡Únete! Join Us! is conceived as an installation of installations, aiming to involve visitors in an exploration of nomadism and collective agency.
Transhumance, wanderings, journeyings, strayings, displacement are the main themes connected to urban utopias using movement as instrument to rethink social imagination. The exhibition bring together sculptures, ephemeral theatre architectures, transforming visitors in actors and, at the meantime, the space they walk through
These low-source settings reflects about uncertainty and ambivalence of a mobile citizenry.
Best known for his video installation exploring urban spaces and how they influence human behavior, Jordi Colomer in this work sees the community as a poetical occupation of a utopia under construction.