Tavares Strachan rappresenta le Bahamas alla Biennale di Venezia col progetto Polar Eclips.
- Luogo: ARSENALE
- Indirizzo: Campo Della Tana (Castello) - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 30/05/2013 - al 24/11/2013
- Vernissage: 30/05/2013 ore 13 per la stampa
- Autori: Tavares Strachan
- Curatori: Jean Crutchfield, Robert Hobbs
- Generi: arte contemporanea, personale
- Orari: 10am - 6pm Closing day:Mondays (except for June 3 and November 18) Transport:Line 1, 4.1, 4.2, VA, Arsenale
The Bahamas will presents, with its inaugural pavilion, a multi-sensory installation by Tavares Strachan that investigates themes of heroic exploration, cultural displacement, oral history and the shifting of cultural narratives over time. The immersive environment of the pavilion will exist in two dimensions: as a single, comprehensive installation and as a collection of individual artworks. Key works will include a 14-channel video installation accompanied by surround sound, and a selection of neon-light works.
Strachan specifically explores often-invisible shifts in cultures, physical environments, and recounted histories over both space and time, in the wake of globalization and narratives of progress