Foto in cover: Lynette Yiadom-Boakye, Diplomacy II, 2009. Oil on linen. Courtesy V-A-C collection. Due artisti e una curatrice esplorano capolavori della V-A-C Collection | James Richards e Lynette Yiadom-Boakye | Curata da Iwona Blazwick.
- Luogo: VAC ZATTERE
- Indirizzo: Dorsoduro 1401 - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 23/05/2018 - al 22/10/2018
- Vernissage: 23/05/2018 ore 17
- Autori: James Richards, Lynette Yiadom-Boakye
- Curatori: Iwona Blazwick
- Generi: arte contemporanea, doppia personale
- Orari: Press Breakfast | 25 May | 10am - 12pm sun, mon, tue, thu, sat 11:00 am - 7:00 pm; fri 11:00 am - 9:00 pm CLOSING DAYS: wed
An exhibition in two parts featuring artist designed displays using works from the V-A-C Collection. Curated by Whitechapel Gallery Director Iwona Blazwick, the exhibition revisits and expands four displays from the V-A-C collection, first seen at the Whitechapel Gallery from 2014 to 2015.
The Explorers who have brought together remarkable finds from the collection, ranging from ancient African figures to iconic masterpieces of the 20th century, are contemporary artists. Lynette Yiadom-Boakye is a painter; James Richards is a moving image artist. They have embarked on a journey through the V-A-C collection and present their discoveries in solo displays