Prima mostra del Vanhaerents Art Collection fuori dal Belgio.
- Luogo: ZUECCA PROJECT SPACE
- Indirizzo: Bauer Palladio Hotel & Spa Fondamenta Zitelle, 30133 - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 07/05/2015 - al 15/09/2015
- Vernissage: 07/05/2015 ore 11 su invito
- Autori: Bill Viola, Cindy Sherman, Andy Warhol, Markus Schinwald, Joana Vasconcelos, Matthew Day Jackson, Yinka Shonibare, Katharina Fritsch, Nick Van Woert, Bruce Nauman, Sam Falls, Lucien Smith, Ugo Rondinone
- Generi: arte contemporanea, collettiva
- Orari: Every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. closed on Tuesdays
- Biglietti: ingresso libero
- Sito web: http://www.vanhaerentsartcollection.com/en/exhibitions/heartbreak-hotel
- Email: email@example.com
The Vanhaerents Art Collection is pleased to announce Heartbreak Hotel, its first major exhibition outside Belgium. Set to take place on the occasion of the 56th Venice Biennale, Heartbreak Hotel will be on view at the Zuecca Project Space, one of Venice’s leading cultural institutions, from May 6 through September 15.
In recognition of his significance as the Collection’s founder, Walter Vanhaerents, who celebrates his 70th birthday this year, has been appointed as the curator of this prestigious exhibition.
Keeping in line with the Collection’s traditions, this theme-based presentation immediately draws its title from pop music history
Structured as a dialogue between works by artists from different backgrounds and generations, Heartbreak Hotel explores notions of melancholy, physical suffering and martyrdom. The exhibition conjures up historical images of warfare and contemporary forms of religious practices, in contrast to an Arcadian realm of waving palm trees, amusing clown figures and leisure ladies in sophisticated, lush surroundings. Throughout its course, the exhibition touches on issues of art collecting, as it confronts an impatient collector with his adversary, an unpredictable dealer in devilish attire – soliciting the question: in whose favour will the balance ultimately shift?