- Luogo: FLUXIA
- Indirizzo: Via Giovanni Ventura, 6 20134 - Milano - Lombardia
- Quando: dal 16/05/2013 - al 22/06/2013
- Vernissage: 16/05/2013 ore 18,30
- Autori: Andrea De Stefani
- Generi: arte contemporanea, personale
“Smash-up” (a synonym of accident, crash, collision) is the word from which the term “mash-up” has been derived in Jamaican Creole: a song consisting entirely of recombined parts of existing ones. For his second solo exhibition at Fluxia, Andre De Stefani has built an ecosystem based on the aggregation of materials and forms of discordant origins, a dry landscape designed from the reconfiguration of residual forms
The elements that De Stefani has identified, collected and used as a matrix for his sculptures come from a specific environment: the margins of the industrial zone and the urban periphery, the terrain vague described by French landscape architect Gilles Clément in his definition of the “third landscape”.