- Luogo: VENICE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- Indirizzo: San Servolo - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 29/05/2013 - al 24/11/2013
- Vernissage: 29/05/2013 dalle 10.00 alle 21.00 anche del 30 e 31 maggio
- Autori: Oliviero Rainaldi
- Generi: arte contemporanea, personale
- Biglietti: ingresso libero
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editori: MARSILIO
The Campus of Venice International University (VIU) on the island of San Servolo will be the magnificent scenario of AQUAE, the new Exhibition by Oliviero Rainaldi on the occasion of the 55th Venice Art Biennale.
Ten sculptures inspired by water – AQUAE - will be on show in the unique framework of the island of San Servolo from May 29 to November 24, 2013
The theme of Water has already been explored by the Italian artist in two important exhibitions held in Villa Aldobrandini, Rome (2009), and in Villa Pisani, Venice (2010).
The way Rainaldi's works interacts with the unique setting of the VIU Campus, among the trees, the lagoon and the ancient buildings, is a special feature of the Exhibition.
The artworks confirm Oliviero Rainaldi's ability to experiment with different materials, such as glass, tin, bronze and gold. An 8-meter tall staele covered in gold leaf and running water will overlook the lagoon towards the Venice Giardini, representing the everlasting bond between Rainaldi and his old master and friend Fabio Mauri.