Evento collaterale della 58. Biennale di Venezia.
- Luogo: PALAZZO CA' FACCANON
- Indirizzo: Mercerie San Marco, 5016 - Venezia - Veneto
- Quando: dal 09/05/2019 - al 24/11/2019
- Vernissage: 09/05/2019 ore 17 solo su invito
- Generi: arte contemporanea, collettiva
- Orari: Press Preview: Thursday, May 9, 3:00-4:00 pm Opening Day VIP: Thursday, May 9, 5:00-7:00 PM (by invitation only) Public Hours: (beginning May 11) Tuesday-Sunday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM
Kavi Gupta is proud to sponsor AFRICOBRA: Nation Time as an official collateral event of the 58th International Art Exhibition - La Biennale di Venezia 2019. Following AFRICOBRA: Messages to the People, which premiered at MOCA North Miami during Art Basel Miami Beach 2018 and AFRICOBRA50, curated by AFRICOBRA co-founder Gerald Williams to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the collective at Kavi Gupta, Elizabeth Street; AFRICOBRA: Nation TIme is the next chapter in a series of groundbreaking exhibitions.
AFRICOBRA: Nation Time will focus entirely on the historic aspects of this vital, Chicago-born Black Arts collective
Ca' Faccanon Palazzo, Venice, Italy
This groundbreaking exhibition will be mounted within the historic, picturesque Venetian Gothic palazzo of Ca' Faccanon adorned with its original Venetian plaster and Murano chandeliers. Its perfectly central location is only meters away from the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s square. AFRICOBRA: Nation Time at the 2019 Venice Biennale is the first time the work of this vital, definitive, and historic Black Arts collective has been given the opportunity to be celebrated by global audiences on this scale.